Age Friendly Guilford Coordinator
Guilford County North Carolina
OPENING DATE: 03/06/2023
CLOSING DATE: 03/24/2023 5:00 PM ET
JOB TYPE: TBD
EMPLOYER: Senior Resources of Guilford
SALARY RANGE: $46,000 – $49,000
Senior Resources of Guilford is seeking an ideal candidate to serve as the Age Friendly Guilford Coordinator. This position will function as a liaison between systems, city and county government departments, communities, and jurisdictions, to make connections to further ensure services are seamlessly delivered, parties are working together effectively, and that Guilford County submits application to AARP to join the Age Friendly Network (AFN). Upon successfully joining the AARP AFN, the Age Friendly Guilford Coordinator will primarily focus on submitting an Age Friendly Communities Action Plan for Guilford County. This plan is due within two (2) years after joining the AARP AFN Network. This work is focused on health and racial equity and will help the County become a place where policies and services related to physical and social environments are designed to help all residents – especially older and disabled adults, as well as their caregivers – live healthy, engaged, high-quality lives. The position will bring county and city departments, private sector and nonprofit organizations, and community members together to implement the Age-Friendly Guilford County Plan. The goal of this plan is to reduce disparities in health, economic and other outcomes for older adults, and lead the implementation of a data and evaluation team that will track progress for the county-wide initiative.
- Coordinate Guilford County’s application to join the AARP Network of Livable and Age Friendly Communities.
- Implement and operationalize the Age Friendly Guilford County Action Plan using a health and racial equity lens.
- Convene, lead and support appropriate staff from across various departments and community stakeholders to carry out the action items in the Age Friendly plan.
- Lead a countywide Age Friendly data and evaluation team to develop a system for tracking, analyzing, and sharing timely comprehensive data.
- Develop, lead, and implement a culturally appropriate Age Friendly community engagement plan by engaging communities experiencing disparities.
- Be the public voice of Age Friendly Guilford County, act as liaison to AARP and other entities focused on Age Friendly efforts.
- Advocate for change in policies throughout the business, governmental and nonprofit community that relate to Age Friendly Guilford County.
- Provide regular presentations and updates to county/city leadership, the community at large and external partners as requested.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in managing large projects and/or general administrative work relating to the management of departmental/organizational operations or in a specialty area appropriate to the position OR
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in public administration, business administration, human services education, or other fields appropriate to the position and two (2) or more years of experience in managing large projects and/or in general administrative work relating to the management of departmental/organizational operations or in a specialty area appropriate to the position.
- Demonstrated experience with at least one (1) of the eight (8) AARP domains of livability.
The mission of Senior Resources of Guilford is to serve our diverse community of seniors and their families by advocating and providing supportive services that enhance the independence, health and quality of life for seniors.
Founded in 1977 as United Services for Older Adults, the agency changed its name to Senior Resources of Guilford on July 1, 2001. Senior Resources of Guilford is the sponsoring organization in Guilford County for a wide range of federal, state and locally funded programs which assist senior adults in maintaining their independence and continuing their involvement in community activities. Programs are open to all individuals who meet established program criteria regardless of race, color, creed or sex. The agency does not discriminate in its employment practices. The agency is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization eligible to receive tax deductible donations. Senior Resources of Guilford has offices in Greensboro and High Point and sponsors activities at locations throughout Guilford County.
LOCATION AND HOURS
This position is hybrid and will be performed both on-site at the Senior Resources of Guilford located at 1401 Benjamin Parkway, Greensboro NC 27405, at community locations, and remote as job duties required. Work hours are flexible and will primarily be Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.– 5 p.m.
- Designing and implementing large project(s) from beginning to completion involving multiple stakeholders.
- Pursuing and securing grants.
- In project planning, evaluation, meeting facilitation, and completing projects on time.
- Using Microsoft or Google programs including Word/Google Docs, Excel/Google Sheets PowerPoint/Google Slides and Outlook.
- Interest and skill in:
- Developing effective working relationships with diverse communities experiencing racial and health disparities.
- Developing effective working relationships with leaders in local agencies and organizations, across county departments, and/or jurisdictional lines (county, city, state, community).
- The ability to:
- Demonstrate understanding of cultural differences and the impacts of racism on service provision, organizational effectiveness, and on relationships with staff, partners, and those we serve.
- Be strategic, flexible, and a creative thinker.
- Lived experience with systemic, institutional, and built-environment barriers for the aging.
ABOUT GUILFORD COUNTY
Guilford County is a county located in the U.S. state of North Carolina. As of the 2020 census, the population is 541,299, making it the third-most populous county in North Carolina. The county seat, and largest municipality, is Greensboro. Since 1938, an additional county court has been located in High Point. The county was formed in 1771. Guilford County is included in the Greensboro-High Point, NC Metropolitan Statistical Area, which is also included in the Greensboro-Winston-Salem-High Point, NC Combined Statistical Area.
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com