FRIENDSHIP ADULT DAY SERVICES, INC. hiring FULL TIME ACTIVITY PROGRAM COORDINATOR. Friendship Adult Day is a non-profit Day Program, serving the needs of elderly and/or disabled adults in Alamance County.
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Activity Program Coordinator will be responsible for implementing, coordinating, and participating in the delivery of therapeutic activity program services and for facility oversight.
Be able to facilitate a team approach to providing services by soliciting ideas from staff and delegating appropriate hands-on tasks to staff and volunteers. Provide direct training and daily
Be on time and present to assist with maintaining adequate NC State mandated participant-staff ratio, supervision to Program Assistants including signing time sheets and providing timely appraisals of work performed.
Perform other duties as assigned by Executive Director to enhance service provision and safety.
Permanent, Full Time, Salaried Position. M-F, 7am-4pm. (With occasional overtime) Paid Sick Leave, Vacation and Holidays. No Insurance Benefits.
The Activity Program Coordinator shall:
- be at least 18 years of age;
- have completed a minimum of two years of formal post-secondary education from an institution accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education (including colleges, universities, technical institutes, and correspondence schools) or shall have a high school diploma or the equivalent and a combination minimum of five years of experience and training in services to elderly and/or adults with disabilities;
- have at least two years of work experience in supervision and administration;
- pass an employee physical, drug screening and criminal background check, all paid for by Friendship.
- complete the Employment Application. (Resume’ appreciated but does not take the place of completing the Application).
- ability to make decisions and set goals;
- knowledge and understanding of the needs of the aging and disabled;
- ability to design and implement a varied, structured program of group and individual activities;
- managerial and administrative skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- ability to supervise staff and to plan and coordinate staff training w/ Executive Director.
Salary $21,600-$27,000/year based on education and experience. (Paid twice per month)
Contact Connie Morse, email@example.com for an application or pick up an application at 1946 B Martin Street, Burlington, NC 27217 or call 336-222-9966 and we will email to you. Return in person to the address listed.
About Friendship Adult Day Services, Inc.
Friendship Adult Day Services, Inc. provides scheduled and spontaneous socialization and interaction for adults, with issues that may keep them isolated in their homes, in a safe community group setting. We serve adults, 18 and over, with the early stages of all forms of Dementia and Mild to Moderate Developmental, Mental Health and/or Physical Disabilities. We provide day programming Monday-Friday from 7am-5pm, with a variety of person-centered, psycho-social activities. We also provide sound nutrition and physical exercise. All are designed to meet the needs of participants for the purpose of supporting independence and allowing the adult to remain living at home for as long as possible. An information library, referrals to other Community Resources, and seminars are also provided for their Caregivers.